The primary responsibilities of the Director of Individual Giving are to oversee all operating solicitations to individuals, cultivation of new donors, and all donor relations, including managing a portfolio of major donors and prospects.
The position’s core focus is to build and strengthen individual donors’ relationship with the Project HOME community and to grow philanthropic support through the development, activations, and oversight of acquisition, retention, stewardship and upgrade strategies. This position reports to the Vice President of Development and Communications. The position supervises the Manager of Annual Giving and Special Events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, implements and manages effective and creative acquisition, retention, and stewardship strategies designed to engage donors at all levels and cultivate increased giving from current donors.
- Manages a personal portfolio of approximately 150 major gift donors and visits approximately 50 percent of this portfolio each year.
- Secures $500,000 annually in outright gifts or new commitments from managed prospects.
- Responsible for approximately $3 million in total fundraising annually.
- Coordinates information tracking processes together with the Director of Database and Development Operations regarding acknowledgement, recognition, on-going communications and continued cultivation of past and current donors—particularly major donors—to enhance their relationship with the organization.
- Oversees the creation and production of development communications materials including the annual report, appeals, newsletter articles, and other print materials.
- Develops and assesses policies and procedures that are essential for comprehensive donor relations program.
- Provides leadership for major donor recognition and fundraising events.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years progressive development experience
- 3 years management experience
- Prior experience developing and managing budgets
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position requires criminal background check and drug screen.
THE MISSON OF PROJECT HOME
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, children, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization.
Project HOME achieves its mission through a continuum of services comprised of street outreach, a range of supportive housing, and comprehensive services. We address the root causes of homelessness through neighborhood-based affordable housing, economic development, and environmental enhancement programs, as well as through providing access to employment opportunities; adult and youth education; and health care.
Project HOME is committed to social and political advocacy. An integral part of our work is education about the realities of homelessness and poverty and vigorous advocacy on behalf of and with homeless and low-income persons for more just and humane public policies.
Project HOME is committed to nurturing a spirit of community among persons from all walks of life, all of whom have a role to play in making this a more just and compassionate society.
THE VALUES OF PROJECT HOME
The work of Project HOME is rooted in our strong spiritual conviction of the dignity of each person.
We believe that all persons are entitled to decent, affordable housing and access to quality education, employment, and health care.
We believe in the transformational power of building relationships and community as the ultimate answer to the degradation of homelessness and poverty.
We believe that working to end homelessness and poverty enhances the quality of life for everyone in our community.
We believe that the critical resources entrusted to us to achieve our mission must be managed honorably and professionally.
For additional information about Project HOME, please visit www.projecthome.org.