Basic function and scope of the position:
To lead the fundraising efforts of Saints John Neumann & Maria Goretti Catholic High School by creating a strong awareness among various constituencies (alumni, parents, community members, foundations, local businesses and friends) that showcases the school as the ideal choice for directing philanthropic dollars, volunteering their time and talents and most importantly educating young people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Neumann-Goretti President, implement a comprehensive Development plan. Establish short and long-range goals and objectives based on the school’s plans. This includes but is not limited to:
- Implementation of an Annual Giving Program for unrestricted giving to the school.
- Working with the President, maintain a portfolio of major and planned giving donors to discover, cultivate, solicit and steward through the major gifts process. Maintain complete and timely records of contacts with prospects and volunteers.
- Interact with administrators, department chairs, faculty and advancement staff to consult on school needs; formulate proposal strategies and identify high-level donors.
- Maintain a proactive, creative leadership role in cultivating and stewarding top donors.
- Working with the President, maintain a portfolio of businesses to discover, cultivate, solicit and steward through the process of solicited a gift for the Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program and the Opportunity Tax Credit Program.
- Provide direction to the Development office staff including performance reviews and the annual review of their job descriptions.
- Provide oversight and direct the management the Raiser’s Edge database and all donor acknowledgements.
- Support and collaborate with board members and relevant board committees; assist in development and implementation of strategic planning. Work with President to establish Board expectations as related to philanthropy.
- Implement a plan for communication with all constituencies. Give input on the Development/Alumni sections of the website. Coordinate Alumni communications including the Annual Report. Work closely with the Alumni Association to establish and maintain alumni events.
- Coordinate with the Admissions/Marketing Director regarding public relations efforts and keep the media informed of school news including student accomplishments, special programs, alumni functions and other events.
- Collaborates with regional/Faith in the Future planning and development efforts, as appropriate. Provide regular reporting to Faith in the Future and the OCE of activities. Attend report meetings and training opportunities throughout the year.
- Stay up to date on fundraising best practices, tax laws and IRS rulings, which affect charitable giving.
- Any other duties as assigned by the President
- Minimum 3-5 years of Experience in development or related field.
- Ability to interact with high-level donors and potential donors.
- Presents as a professional in the development field.
- CFRE valued.
- Experience in verbal and written presentations. Understanding of basic accounting concepts.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- A high degree of integrity, confidentiality, strong work ethic and a willingness to quickly and continuously gain knowledge of the mission of Catholic Education.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge software required. Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with the web and social media.
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite and experience creating promotional/marketing materials is highly valued.
- Goal-oriented team player.
- Alumnus/Alumna preferred.
- Willingness to travel and work nights and weekends and maintain a valid driver’s license.
This position is full-time, 12-month position.
Interviews will be granted to the most qualified applicants.
PA required clearances and Safe Environment Certification and official transcripts will be required before employment can begin.
Applicants must provide a letter of recommendation from the pastor of the parish in which the applicant is registered.
Interested parties should send a cover letter along with resume, list of references to:
Mr. Joseph McColgan, President – Ss. John Neumann & Maria Goretti High School