John W. Hallahan Catholic Girls’ High School is seeking a Director of Development to serve as the lead development officer for the school. While reporting to the President, and working closely with the Board of Directors, the successful candidate will be responsible for securing support to advance the mission of the school from a variety of sources – overseeing a comprehensive fundraising and alumnae relations program including but not limited to major gifts, annual appeal, EITC/OSTC programs, board and volunteer management, special events, planned gifts, communications and stewardship.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the School President and with the guidance of the Board of Directors, implement a comprehensive Development plan based on short and long range goals and objectives based on the school’s strategic plan. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Implementing an annual giving campaign, focusing on the annual appeal through direct mail, personal visits, and online communications.
- Developing and cultivating a Major Gift program and pipeline by working with the President and the Board to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of major and leadership donors.
- Stewarding and growing the OSTC/EITC Tax Credit program by soliciting alumnae and community businesses that are eligible, as well as educate the community on the program and impact of these donations. Work closely with BLOCS and other affiliated organizations to support the Tax Credit effort.
- Working closely with all scholarship benefactors and organizations as well as monitoring restricted funds to steward gifts, as well as align donor priorities with the school’s needs.
- Overseeing all communications with alumnae and donors by creating and sending out solicitation letters, invitations, thank you letters and calls; organizing thank-a-thons; publishing and distributing an Electronic Alumnae Newsletter bi-monthly; monitoring social media outlets; publishing the Annual Report, and other publications.
- Maintaining the alumnae and development portion of the website.
- Managing (with school Staff and volunteers) alumnae events; assist with promotion and marketing, logistics, solicitation, event attendance, and suggest best practices. Examples- Hall of Fame, Class reunions, Memorial Mass, Grandparents luncheon, Golden Girls, President’s reception, Day at the Bay etc.
- Providing oversight and direct the management of the Raiser ‘s Edge database and all donor acknowledgements.
- Collaborating with multiple administrative offices across the school to best support their efforts, including- Enrollment, Facilities, Athletics, Tuition, and Business Offices.
- Collaborating with Faith in the Future and Office of Catholic Education as needed.
- Promoting planned giving as a vehicle for support of Hallahan.
- Serving on/work with committees of the Board, such as Admissions, Facilities, and others as needed.
- Working closely with both the Board of Directors and Development Committee to promote Hallahan and our fundraising needs and initiatives.
- Collaborating with active and influential alumnae and community leaders to promote the mission, vision, and values of Hallahan.
- Any other duties as assigned by the President.
- Bachelor ‘s Degree
- 5 years of experience in development, fundraising, non-profit, or related field
- Proven ability to interact with high level donors, and potential donors
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to make both group and individual presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM Database
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with the web and social media outreach
- A high degree of integrity, confidentiality, strong work ethic and a willingness to quickly gain knowledge of the mission of Catholic Education
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Willingness to travel, work nights and weekends and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Master’s degree
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database
- Budget Development and Oversight
- Managerial/supervision experience
- Knowledge and appreciation of the workings of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- Knowledge of the PA EITC and OSTC programs
This position is full-time, 12-month position.
Duties are representative and not limited to those stated above.
Candidates interested in the position of Director of Institutional Development should submit their cover letter, resume, and transcripts to:
Denise Kassekert, President John W. Hallahan Catholic Girls’ High School at:
Interviews will be granted to the most qualified applicants.