Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Major Gifts Officer manages a portfolio of 150-200 Donors and Prospect Donors to Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission. This position has the primary objective of developing long-term philanthropic relationships with donors and prospects, with the ultimate goal of soliciting these individuals for major gifts.
- Maintain a portfolio of 150-200 prospects annually.
- Conduct 10-15 face-to-face visits per month.
- Complete prospect research with limited support from other Advancement Staff.
- Submit qualified proposals to prospects, minimally at the $10,000 level, and achieve $1 Million in added received gifts annually.
- Manage a minimum of two (2) major gift special events annually.
- Work with Director of Advancement to develop and implement short- and long-term strategies and outreach plans for the major gifts program.
- Prepare detailed fundraising bi-weekly progress reports for the CEO and share them with the Director of Development and Communications.
- Lead one-on-one solicitations and prepare information and solicitation plan for CEO and Board of Directors for cultivation and solicitation of major gifts.
- Work with Director of Advancement to maintain current project profiles for projects and programs requiring funding.
- Oversee and/or prepare all communication materials required to support the major gifts program including all marketing, solicitation and acknowledgement materials.
- Communicate with Director of Advancement to track the receipt and intent of major gifts.
- Report of KPI to Director of Advancement monthly.
- A public Christian witness and a regular devotional time to maintain your relationship with our Lord, Jesus Christ.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful major gifts experience, including direct solicitation of major gifts of $100,000 or more from individuals.
- Proven experience developing solicitation strategies and a track record of success identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gift level donors, including sophisticated, high-net-worth individuals.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build, foster and maintain positive relationships with both internal and external constituencies including staff, board members, donors, volunteers, and clients.
- Superior communication skills to express, orally and in writing, Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission’s vision, mission, and goals with clarity, passion, and persuasion.
- An innate willingness to dig in and contribute in a team oriented environment.
- Enthusiasm, ability to take risks, intelligence, insight, initiative, resilience, and pioneering spirit.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and change and a strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission and its audiences.
- Project management skills preferred, as is an ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Possess a sense of humor, positivity, and a spirit of generosity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases; Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, CFRE preferred.
- Must be willing to travel frequently and work evenings and weekends as needed (valid driver’s license required).
Founded in 1878, Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission serves those experiencing homelessness in Philadelphia. The Mission offers an array of homeless day services and clinics to men and women. Additionally, the Mission has a 30-day men’s emergency shelter, offers a 12-month transitional housing program to men, and a permanent supportive housing program for men 65 years of age and older. The Mission relies on the generous contributions of caring individuals, families, churches and businesses.
Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission advances its mission of transforming lives by the power of God and seeks to activate God-given potential by serving homeless, hungry, and hurting adults in Philadelphia through loving, compassion-based programs and services.
For additional information, please visit their website at https://sundaybreakfast.org/.