Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the Senior VP of Operations (SVPO) has responsibility for the development, integration, and execution of services that support and enhance the effectiveness and impact of Club and school site operations to youth across the state.The SVPO will lead a high performing team, translating vision and strategy into operational plans and performance targets, developing leaders, and building collaboration across the organization, ensuring alignment, coordination, and positive execution. The position will initiate strategic partnerships with external organizations and cultivate relationships with Board members.
- Helps lead the execution of the vision and strategy for delivery of all program and service operations to youth and the community.
- Helps ensure the development, implementation, and coordination of the organization’s strategic plan to maximize the effective delivery of programs and services to the organization’s constituents.
- Plays an effective supporting role in the integration of the work across multiple organization service departments.
- Translates vision, strategy, and organizational goals into performance targets for direct reports.
- Oversees, assesses, and continually improves service delivery to youth.
- Communicates and helps build commitment to the organizational vision and strategy throughout the state.
- Works closely with the COO in developing effective decision-making across all program operations.
- Supports and assists in all aspects of Human Resources to ensure effective staff delivery of programs and services.
- Directs effective communication interpreting and articulating key decisions, policies, and major developments.
- Works closely with the COO, CEO, Executive Team, and Operations Leadership Team to provide strong leadership for the organization and support effective services to youth.
- Develops strong relationships with volunteer and professional leadership.
- Works closely with Vice Presidents of Operations and other regional and state management in program and service delivery, efficiency, evaluation, and improvement.
- Develops strong external collaborations and partnerships in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors to help achieve vision and strategy.
- Inspires confidence across all constituencies.
- Together with the COO, develops, evaluates, and approves service strategies, metrics, and budgets, and ensures alignment with organizational strategy and available resources.
- Works with Operations management teams to determine programs and services needed to address current and future youth needs throughout the state.
- Leads teams in minimizing operational risks and monitoring and continually strengthening safety and security of Club members, staff, visitors, facilities, equipment, vehicles, operating procedures, etc.
- Monitors operational progress against performance requirements, and implements counter measures where needed, related to regulatory requirements, Ellis & Associates pool operations, data tracking and reporting, trauma informed care, etc.
- Leads and manages resources (people and capital) across services.
- As directed, creates, and leads cross-service teams needed to deliver on the strategy.
- Develops leaders through recruitment, selection, coaching, training, reinforcement, and succession planning.
- Plays a leadership role in the development and implementation of processes to assess the effectiveness of our programs and services and assure continual improvement.
Partner with Senior Leadership and Board of Directors
- Works closely with the President/CEO, Chief Operating Officer, Chief of Staff, CFO, and Board of Directors to communicate and build commitment to a clear and compelling organizational vision, strategic direction, philosophy, and core values.
- As needed or directed, provide professional support and guidance to board committees (e.g., Program, Property & Safety).
- Supports the work of volunteer Boards to ensure effective operations at all service locations.
- Assesses, develops, and implements partnerships and joint ventures that ensure program quality and expand needed services to youth and their families.
- Leads Operational teams in maximizing limited resources.
- Supports and participates in strategic fundraising and stewardship.
- Assists COO in developing Operating policies and procedures.
- Leads special initiatives as needed or directed.
The Senior Vice President of Operations must have an understanding of and passion for the goals and mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware and a commitment to the young people it serves. The ideal candidate is an experienced manager and relationship builder who clarifies goals, builds teams, and cultivates trust while at the same time demands accountability. The ability to effectively deliver quality programming, develop staff, and maximize resources will be essential to the success of the incoming SVPO.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated high-level leadership experience with a track record of achieving results; leadership experience in a similar nonprofit organization or business preferred.
- Extensive experience in personnel management, innovative programming (preferably for youth development), organizational development, and budget and resource development.
- Demonstrated operational and strategic leadership skills with strong emotional intelligence, communication, and relationship development skills.
- Strong management and planning skills, both strategic and tactical, and an ability to develop and mentor a staff and work collaboratively.
- Ability to work in a highly regulated environment and ensure compliance.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines.
- Financial management ability including budget preparation, audit review and implementation, and execution of a strong organizational financial policy.
- Ability to establish credibility and exhibit an executive presence.
- Possess superior communication skills to express, orally and in writing, BGCDE’s mission, vision, and goals with clarity, passion, and persuasion.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with a highly engaged constituent base including children, parents, staff, senior leadership, and Board members.
- Decisive with ability to reconcile and support the organizational and unit level preferences and priorities.
- Results oriented with ability to balance other business considerations and priorities.
- Technology savvy along with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Energetic, flexible, responsive, proactive with excellent judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Willing and able to travel to various locations throughout the state as needed.
THE NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION
Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware is part of a nationwide movement whose mission is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need it the most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens. For 90 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware has positively impacted the lives of thousands of children and teens across Delaware.
As the largest childcare provider in the state, Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware offers affordable before, after, and out of school programs for 37,000+ young people in grades K-12 at 42 locations across the state of Delaware. The numerous program areas challenge and develop the mind and body, helping members build a solid foundation on which to develop moral and ethical values through diverse educational programs and social activities.
For additional information, please visit their website at https://bgclubs.org/.
What We Stand For
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware is an equal opportunity employer. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware takes a stand for the future of Delaware’s youth and its staff members. We condemn any act of racism or discrimination. We stand for safety, health, dignity, and equitable opportunity. We advocate for youth and encourage young people to embrace the power of their voice. We work to develop a diverse organizational community where all staff members receive equitable respect and opportunity for growth and professional development.